How can I make libraries for Pinguino?
If you want to write a library for Pinguino here is some useful information :
Where to put the files ?
- for 8-bit : p8/pinguino
- for 32-bit : p32/include/pinguino
- core directory is for files that manage processor internal resources (SPI, UART, USB, PWM, etc ...).
- libraries directory is for all other external resources (SD, bluetooth, servo, etc ...).
Where to put the keywords file ?
- for 8-bit : p8/lib (or p8/pdl for x.3 > r313 22 Mar 2012)
file must have .pdl extension
- for 32-bit : p32/lib (or p32/pdl for x.3 > r313 22 Mar 2012)
file must be with .pdl32 extension
the format used in the keywords files is :
[name used under Pinguino IDE][SPACE][name used in the library]#include[SPACE]<[name of your library]>#define MACRONAME
For example :-
digitalWrite digitalwrite#include <digitalw.c>
Serial2.begin Serial2_begin#include <serial.c>#define SERIALUSEPORT2
Can I use a Pinguino function name in my own library ?
No as you can't write your own library from within the Pinguino IDE.
The Pinguino IDE uses C++ syntax but Pinguino compilers only understand C.
For example, you can't use Serial.begin as the real name is serialinit.